Coal Harbour plane crash under investigation by TSB |

Federal officials and Transportation Safety Board The Canadian Embassy in Vancouver is investigating the incident that occurred on Saturday afternoon. Plane crash Located in Coal Harbour.

Vancouver Fire and Rescue said the first call came in just before 1 p.m., reporting a small seaplane had collided with a boat while trying to take off.

Two people on the boat were seriously injured, said Assistant Fire Chief Walter Pereira.

Two other people on board were not injured. None of the four plane passengers and the pilot were reported to be seriously injured.

Safety board officers were sent to the scene and spoke to police.

They are also working with the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre, the Canadian Navigation Agency and the air operator to investigate the exact cause of the crash.

Story continues below ad

Safety board investigators will also begin interviewing witnesses on Sunday.

“Over the next few days, the investigative team will be involved in recovering the aircraft, examining the wreckage, continuing to gather information, and conducting additional interviews,” a spokesman for the Transportation Safety Board said in an email.

Global News obtained video footage from an eyewitness to the crash. The plane can be seen colliding with a small yacht as it attempts to take off.

After the incident, the two were carried away on stretchers.

The Port of Vancouver confirmed the collision late Saturday afternoon.

“We can confirm that a Harbour Air seaplane and a recreational boat collided at the entrance to Coal Harbour at 12:51 p.m.,” said Arpen Rana, a spokesperson for the Port of Vancouver.

এছাড়াও পড়ুন  Alberta's so-called 'energy war room' shuts down |

“The Canadian Coast Guard notified the Port Authority and other first responders of the incident. A Port Authority harbor patrol vessel and other emergency vessels immediately responded to the incident.”

TransLink spokeswoman Tina Lovgreen said in another social media post that the SeaBus captain “quickly turned to provide assistance and prepared to deploy a life raft” after seeing the seaplane in the water.

Lofgren said the SeaBus remained on scene until the Canadian Coast Guard released the vessel and then returned to the dock.

Story continues below ad

A Vancouver city councillor said the actions of first responders and the boat captain saved lives.

“Our first responders and SeaBus crew were on scene almost immediately and their efforts undoubtedly saved lives,” he said on social media.

Click to play video:

Plane collides with ship at Vancouver Coal Harbour

© 2024 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

উৎস লিঙ্ক